Become A Wildcat
Project FOCUS is looking for students that...
are ready for new challenges
are excited about attending college
want to get a paid job after graduation
enjoy taking classes and studying
would benefit from differentiated instruction
require individualized supports such as adapted materials, modified exams and augmentative communication
- Student is currently enrolled in a public high school in Pima County or enrolled in one of our partner schools.
- Student will be 18 years old by the first day of the University of Arizona's school year.
- Student has documented intellectual and/or developmental disability (within their IEP).
- Student is motivated to become more independent and self-determined.
- Student demonstrates a desire attend UArizona academic courses.
- Student demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills by working at internship sites.
- Student is able to remain calm in typical UArizona environments (including classrooms and workspaces) for up to two hours without being disruptive.
- Student shows respect for self and others, both in language and behavior.
- Student is medically stable.
- Student has had minimal absences during the two most recent high school semesters.
- Student is able to begin Project FOCUS one week prior to the start of UArizona classes.
- Student will have their own smartphone to use while on the UArizona campus.
- Student (with the support of family and/or others) is able to cover the reduced cost of UArizona's tuition, including books and fees.
Our application window has closed for the 2022-2023 school year. Our next application cycle begins in the Fall of 2023.
If you are a current underclassman who might be interested in applying to Project FOCUS, we recommend you consider either an on-campus program tour or a virtual informational session. Please see following attachment for details.